WHO ARE WE?
Oakstone Property Management is a division of Oakstone Properties. Our property management division specializes in full service residential property management. We offer our clients a hassle free experience with superior service.
WHY CHOOSE US TO MANAGE YOUR PROPERTY?
Have you ever thought about managing your own rental property? You just need to clean the house, find the perfect tenants, and let the monthly rent checks roll in, right? NOT QUITE. Professional property managers have to wear a number of hats to keep up with the day – to -day demands of managing even a single property. Find out why homeowners and investors in Virginia trust their property management needs to Oakstone Properties. We are dedicated to making your investment truly passive.
Key Benefits of Hiring Oakstone Property Management:
A competent property manager can add significant value to your investment, which is why many seasoned landlords will tell you that a good management company is worth their weight in gold. Here are few ways we earn our keep:
Higher Quality Tenants— Think of tenant screening as the moat and draw bridge around your castle. It is certainly possible to get a bad tenant out of your home once they are in, but it’s a real hassle and you are so much better off never accepting them in the first place. A thorough screening process results in reliable tenants that
- Pay on time
- Rent longer
- Put less wear and tear on the property
- Generally cause less problem
Shorter Vacancy Cycles— We help you perform three critical tasks that affect how long it takes to fill your vacancies:
- Improve and prepare property for rent
- Determine the best rent rate
- Effectively market your property
Tighter Rent Collection Process— The way you handle rent collection and late payments can be the difference between success and failure as a landlord. Collecting rent on time every month is the only way to maintain consistent cash-flow, and your tenants need to understand this is not negotiable. By hiring a property manager, you put a buffer between yourself and the tenant, and allow them to be the bad guy who has to listen to excuses, chase down rent, and when necessary, evict the tenant. If you let them, your tenants will walk all over you. They have to be trained to follow every part of the lease or deal with the consequences.
Assistance With Taxes— We provide full financial accounting for your property by preparing your 1099’s as well as detailed cash flow reports that provide required end of year documentation for your accountant or financial manager.
What do we offer?
Our property management division is a boutique residential property management company serving the Richmond metropolitan area. We specialize in leasing and managing single family homes, townhomes and condominium units. Our service area includes Henrico, Chesterfield, Richmond, Hanover, and Tappahannock. Our services include:
- Market rent study & recommendations
- Extensive property marketing including website features, craigslist, social media and other professional rental listing services.
- Evening, Saturday and daytime showings
- Tenant vetting and selection including credit, criminal, past rental history, employment verification & reference checks
- Round the clock emergency call service for tenants
- Regular property inspections
- Lease preparation and execution -ensure compliance with all Virginia landlord and tenant laws
- Documented move in + move out walkthroughs
- Direct deposit and online rent payment capacity
- Maintenance and upgrade coordination
- Coordination with building associations and management companies
- On-line portals for tenants and owners
- Year end tax summary and 1099’s